Affiliate Program [Terms + Portal]
As an authorized affiliate of Grace Elizabeth Inc & Grey House Goods. You agree to abide by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. Please read the entire Agreement carefully before registering and promoting Grey House Goods as an Affiliate.
1. Purpose. Your participation in Grey House Goods Affiliate Program is solely to legally advertise our website, community, apparel and goods to receive a commission on future personal purchases. Your affiliate marketing must be done through your personal website or social platforms.
2. Acceptance. By signing up for the Grey House Affiliate program, you indicate your acceptance of this Agreement and its terms and conditions.
3. Approval or Rejection of the Application. We reserve the right to approve or reject ANY Program Application in our sole and absolute discretion. You will have no legal recourse against us for the rejection of your Program Application.
4. Commissions. Commissions will be paid quarterly if an affiliate has not reached the $10.00 threshold. An Affiliate can request a payment when their balance reaches a minimum balance of $10 USD. Payments may be requested every 30 days otherwise payments will be distributed the first week of every month pending the $10.00 threshold has been met. Payments will come in the form of a Grey House Gift card or PayPal cash compensation for our Elite Affiliates.
You cannot refer yourself, and you will not receive a commission on your own accounts. There is also a limit of one commission per referral. If someone clicks the link on your site and orders multiple accounts, then you will receive a commission on the first order only.
Payments will only be sent for transactions that have been successfully completed. Commissions will only be paid on sales that are made when the customer clicks through qualified, correctly structured Affiliate links. Properly coded links are the sole responsibility of the Affiliate. Commissions may be viewed on the Affiliate Dashboard. Transactions that result in chargebacks or refunds will not be paid out.
If the customer is on a recurring payment schedule, Affiliate will continue to accumulate commissions for each paid transaction by the customer for as long as the customer remains a paying customer.
5. Termination. Either party has the right to terminate this Agreement immediately without prior notice. In addition, your Program Application and status in the Program may be suspended or terminated for any of the following reasons:
- Inappropriate advertisements (false claims, misleading hyperlinks, etc…).
- Spamming (mass email, mass newsgroup posting, etc…).
- Advertising on sites containing or promoting illegal activities.
- Failure to disclose the affiliate relationship for any promotion that qualifies as an endorsement under existing Federal Trade Commission guidelines and regulations, or any applicable state laws. See more details.
- Violation of intellectual property rights of Grey House Goods or any other party. Grey House Goods requires a party to enter into a license agreement with Grey House Goods in order to utilize any of our trademarks in order to protect our intellectual property rights. We expect Affiliates to not infringe or violate any intellectual property rights of other parties.
- Offering rebates, coupons, or other form of promised kick-backs from your Affiliate commission as an incentive. Adding bonuses or bundling other products with OptinMonster, however, is acceptable.
- Self-referrals, fraudulent transactions, suspected Affiliate fraud.
- Failure to follow and abide by Grey House Goods terms & conditions.
- Customer canceling and rejoining just so Affiliate receives commission.
However, notwithstanding anything stated above or in this Agreement to the contrary, Grey House Goods reserves the right to terminate an Affiliate account at any time and for any reason.
If Affiliate terminates this Agreement, Grey House Goods will not pay any further commissions to Affiliate for any past or future customer transactions.
If Grey House Goods chooses to terminate this Agreement, any balance greater than $25 USD will be paid to the Affiliate within 60 days of termination. Balances that are equal to or less than $25 will be retained by Grey House Goods.
Under all circumstances after termination, for whatever reason, Grey House Goods will not pay Affiliate for any future customer transactions.
6. Affiliate Links. You may use Grey House Goods graphic and text links (Resources and images coming soon) to your website and within your email messages. You may also advertise the Grey House Goods website referencing www.shopghg.com in online and offline classified ads, magazines, and newspapers.
Affiliate is permitted to use the Grey House Goods brand and marketing resources which are available XXXX. Affiliate agrees that Affiliate shall not modify or use for any purpose other than those expressly permitted in this Agreement any trademark, service mark, or trade name, or trade dress owned, controlled by, or licensed to Grey House Goods now or in the future (collectively, the “Marks”). Affiliate further agrees that except as explicitly allowed in this Agreement, Affiliate shall not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of, or otherwise utilize in any way, in whole or in part, any images, materials, membership information, designs, photographs, illustrations, icons, videos, and all other materials or information displayed, prepared, and/or provided by Grey House Goods (collectively, “Content”) without the express, written permission of Grey House Goods. Grey House Goods owns the copyright to all of its Content.
Affiliate does not gain any ownership or rights to the Marks or the Content. You may use the graphics and text provided by us as allowed for in this Agreement, or with the prior, express approval of Grey House Goods you may create your own graphics and text.
7. Coupon and Deal Sites. Grey House Goods occasionally offers a coupon to select affiliates and to our newsletter subscribers. If you’re not pre-approved or are not assigned a branded coupon, then you are not allowed to promote the coupon. Below are the terms that apply for an Affiliate who is considering the promotion of our products in relation to a deal or coupon:
- Affiliate may not use misleading text on affiliate links, buttons or images to imply that anything besides deals currently authorized by Grey House Goods are available to the specific Affiliate.
- Affiliate may not bid on coupons or discounts offered by Grey House Goods and may not imply that coupons or discounts are available.
- Affiliate may not generate pop-ups, pop-unders, iframes, frames, or any other seen or unseen actions that set Affiliate cookies unless the user has expressed a clear and explicit interest in activating a specific savings by clicking on a clearly marked link, button, or image for that particular coupon or deal. Your link must send the visitor to the merchant site.
- An Affiliate’s user must be able to see coupon/deal/savings information and details before an Affiliate’s cookie is set. For example purposes only, a statement “click here to see coupons and open a window to merchant site” is NOT permitted and will result in Grey House Goods terminating this Agreement with Affiliate..
- Affiliate sites may not have “Click for (or to see) Deal/Coupon” or any variation, when there are no coupons or deals available, and the click opens the merchant site or sets a cookie. An Affiliate with such text on the merchant landing page will be removed from the Program immediately.
8. Liability. Grey House Goods will not be liable for any damages (loss of revenue, commissions) due to Affiliate being part of the Program, including, but not limited to, tracking failures, loss of database files, or any other loss. We do not make any expressed or implied warranties with respect to the community and or products sold by Grey House Goods. We make no claim that the operation of the Program and/or our website(s) will be error-free, and we will not be liable for any interruptions or errors.
9. Term of the Agreement. The term of this Agreement begins upon Grey House Goods accepting you in the Program and will end upon the earlier of the following dates: (i) the date your Affiliate account is terminated or (ii) the date your Grey House Goods account is terminated.
10. Indemnification. Affiliate shall indemnify and hold harmless Grey House Goods, its affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees, successors and assigns (collectively, “Indemnified Parties”), from any and all liabilities, obligations, damages, fines, penalties, judgments, claims, costs, losses, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) incurred by or asserted against any of the Indemnified Parties by reason of, arising out of, or occurring in connection with: (i) any failure on the part of Affiliate to perform or comply with any of the terms of this Agreement or (ii) Affiliate’s negligence or willful act or omission.
11. Governing Law, Jurisdiction, and Attorney Fees. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois. Any dispute arising under or related in any way to this Agreement shall be adjudicated exclusively in the circuit courts located in Christian County, Illinois. In the event of litigation to enforce any provision of this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover from the other party its costs and fees, including attorneys’ fees and costs.
12. Headings; Relationship. Descriptive headings are for convenience only and shall not control or affect the meaning or construction of any provision of this Agreement. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as creating a partnership or joint venture between the parties hereto, it being the express intent that the business and goodwill of Affiliate remains solely owned by Affiliate and the business and goodwill of Grey House Goods remains solely owned by Grace Elizabeth Inc.
13. Modification; Controlling Document. We may modify any of the terms and conditions within this Agreement at any time and at our sole discretion. These modifications may include, but not limited to changes in the scope of available commissions, commission schedules, payment procedures and Affiliate Program rules. The terms and conditions of this Agreement may be modified by us at any time. If any modification to the terms and conditions of this Agreement are unacceptable to you, your only choice is to terminate your Affiliate account. Your continuing participation in the Program will constitute your acceptance of any change. Affiliate agrees and understands that Affiliate remains bound by the conditions and terms of the Membership Agreement. In the event of any conflict between the conditions and terms contained in this Agreement and the Boutiques & Brands Membership Agreement (“Membership Agreement”) the conditions and terms of the Membership Agreement will control.
14. Effectiveness of Electronic Signatures. The Agreement is an electronic contract that sets out the legally binding terms of your participation in Grey House Goods Affiliate Program. You indicate your acceptance of this Agreement and all of the terms and conditions contained or referenced in this Agreement by completing Grey House Goods application process. This action creates an electronic signature that has the same legal force and effect as a handwritten signature.
Last updated January 29, 2021